Tuesday, October 28, 2003

My depression about no traffic seems to have been brought on by me, unwittingly of course. It seems that during my site customization, I removed the Radio UserLand web bug that is used to track referers. I could be getting a thousand hits a day (not) and be unaware. Doh! I found this at Roland's wonderful blog, while searching for a way to script Radio UserLand using VBScript.

Those articles led me to a few more that give a pretty thorough explanation. I found another blurb from Dave Winer a long time ago that might hold the key.

I will have to try this out.

Here are some details on how the COM interface works. The link was down when I check it, but the Google cache version was available.

There are some great glue possibilities that have already been discussed at UserLand, including publishing Excel data and LDAP integration.

Item 404, Permalink [] posted 7:55:11 AM   comment []      Click here to send an email to the editor of this weblog.   Google It!     
Categories:  » E-Publishing Explosion «  » Personal Software Integration «